With over 25 years of experience in the manufacture of bullnose verandah rafters, curved beams and other curved rafters, Lyrebird Enterprises are here to help with expert advice and the highest quality verandah construction materials.
When only the best will do
Lyrebird Enterprises were the first to manufacture bullnose, concave and convex verandah rafters to building code. The unique features of our bullnose verandah rafters mean less cutting and fiddly work and thus make for the fastest way to build a bullnose verandah.
Our rafters are:
- Made from better than F8/MGP12 radiata pine - Giving you structurally sound AND visually appealing verandah rafters
- Fingerjoined for superior strength - Ensuring that your bullnose verandah or arch withstands the test of time AND weather
- Specially designed for fast fixing to the fascia beam - So that you can get the job done quickly AND well
- Designed and tested to meet and exceed requirements for SAA codes:
- AS1170 Part 1: SAA Loading Code
- AS1720: Timber Structures Code
- AS4055: 1992 Wind Loads for Housing
We'll supply you with a verandah rafter plan and bill of materials
Fax us a drawing or reasonably accurate sketch of a verandah, and we will fax you back a rafter plan that complies to building code.
Typical information that we require to provide a verandah rafter plan for your bullnose verandah:
- Length of the verandah along the house, and width from the house to the outside of the verandah beam
- Height against the wall of the house.
- A drawing or sketch is very helpful, e.g. does the verandah go around a corner?
- We can then calculate the rafter radius that you'll need for best looks and to provide for proper water run-off.
Some of the other high quality timber verandah products that Lyrebird manufacture include:
- Turned timber verandah posts
- Corner brackets
- Balustrading & friezes
Decorative Timber Window Canopies
Lyrebird make a range of sturdy, solid pine window canopies. A complete window canopy kit will cover windows to 1100, 1600, 2300, 3200, 4000mm.
Lyrebird supply a complete window canopy kit, containing:
- 2 x window canopy brackets of your choice
- 2 or 3 angled battens, to suit window width
- Colorbond / Zincalume Miniorb (ripple iron) or BlueOrb corrugated steel (pick from our Colorbond colour chart)
- Top and side flashings
- Bolts and screws etc.
- Full installation instructions
Our prefabricated carport kits come in three sizes - Mini, Standard and Double - and include everything you need to build it, with most components pre-cut and pre-drilled.
Made from clear pine with a sleek Colorbond roof, our carport kit includes:
- All carport framing components
- Colorbond roofing in your choice of colour (pick from our Colorbond colour chart)
- All hardware, gutter and rainchain
- Full building instructions
Lyrebird's Smart-Arches for patios and pergolas are made to high quality standards using F8/MGP12 radiata pine and can be LOSP treated if you want to keep the natural timber look.
Our patio and pergola Smart-Arch trusses come in a variety of sizes and spans. Just let us know the dimensions of your patio or pergola project and we will custom manufacture to spec.
Other curved arches and beams
If you're looking for a patio or pergola that's totally unique, call us! We can custom make curves and arches to suit.
Services and literature for architects, draftsmen, truss manufacturers and timber merchants
We have a range of services and copyrighted literature available for architects, draftsmen and council building inspectors. Visit our website - http://www.lyrebird.com.au - or contact us for further information.
Please note that most images are protected by copyright